Xbox 360 2012 Preview, 3 Big Games Coming Next Year
The Xbox 360 had a tremendous year in 2011, and it could be argued that it was the best year yet for gamers in terms of quality releases in a 12-month span. We saw huge releases including the latest in the Call of Duty franchise, Battlefield 3, among many others. As the year comes to a close though, we wanted to take a look at and focus on 3 big games that will likely conquer a great deal of the spotlight in 2012.
Fable: The Journey
The first game we want to focus on here is Fable: The Journey, set for a release in 2012 on the Xbox 360. the legendary Lionhead Studios is set to take the Fable franchise to a level that has yet to be seen by the gaming world.
The Fable franchise was originally released amidst a great deal of hype and almost too much anticipation. With that said, the franchise has now grown and the technology has advanced to the point where the lofty expectations of the original can now be realized, and that is what we expect to see here.
Fable: The Journey could easily be set to be one of the best RPG releases of the new, utilizing a new first-person perspective, and making full use of the Xbox 360 Kinect.
Kinect Star Wars
This next choice for us to focus on is definitely a surprise, I agree. The reason that Kinect Star Wars has made the list is simply because there has yet to be a game to truly take the Xbox 360 Kinect to the next level.
We have seen tons of games that offer a mini-game experience, a la Kinect Sports, but there has yet to be a true killer app for the hardcore gamers on the motion platform. This is what is going to be needed in order to not only sell hardcore gamers on the Xbox 360 Kinect, but also show developers that it can be used for a much more immersive experience.
Based on all of the hype, the Star Wars universe is set to truly take over the Xbox 360 Kinect scene with this release, and the first time you wield a lightsaber, you will likely be hooked.
You cannot look ahead to some of the biggest Xbox 360 releases of 2012 without taking a minute to look at the next release in the franchise that made the Xbox brand what it is today.
After questions surrounding if it would be released on the Xbox 360, or its successor the Xbox 720, Microsoft has confirmed Halo 4 will be an Xbox 360 release and will hit in 2012. This one, with the huge installed user-base of the Xbox 360, could easily be the best-selling video game of all time at launch. Following the aftermath of Halo 3, get ready for Master Chief to take over yet again as a new trilogy begins.
- Max Payne 3 Official Trailer #2
- NEW QUANTUM CONUNDRUM INFO AND ASSETS FROM THE FLUFFY DIMENSION
- MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT LAUNCHES ZUMBA FITNESS RUSH NATIONWIDE, EXCLUSIVELY ON KINECT FOR XBOX 360
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to Xbox LIVE Arcade
- SUIT UP AS PHINEAS, FERB AND CREW FOR ALL-NEW ADVENTURES IN DISNEY UNIVERSE
- Kinect Nat Geo TV - Xbox 360
- Turtle Beach Number One Third Party Console Gaming Accessory Brand for 2011
- SoundCloud Partners With Capcom On Street Fighter X Tekken Remix Battle
- Double Fine Day of Overdelivery - Xbox LIVE Arcade
- Seamus Blackley's Innovative Leisure to Debut at 2012 D.I.C.E. Summit
- Top 10 Xbox 360 Games That Dominated Xbox Live In 2011
- Microsoft Patent Reveals New Xbox 720 Information
- Xbox 360 Hackers Had A Field Day With Gears Of War 3
- Dead Island Review
- New Year's Gaming Flashback, Imagining A Kinect Fantavision
- Batman : Arkham City Review
- Will Star Wars The Old Republic Release On The Xbox 360
- Xbox 360 2012 Preview, 3 Big Games Coming Next Year
- Microsoft Brings Xbox 360 Kinectimals To iPhone, iPad
- Top 5 Xbox 360 Kinect Games For Christmas 2011
- Amazon 19 Days of Deals - Day 2: Action Games Day
- Some Xbox 360 Black Friday Deals
- Kinect Hackers, Here's How To Get Yourselves $20,000
- Most Common Xbox 360 Hardware Problems and Tips
- Got Fifty Bucks - What Could That Get You in Video Game Goodies
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Costume DLC Revealed
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Get $100 off Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect at GameStop.com
- Xbox Wireless Bluetooth Headset is a Winner!
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th