Seamus Blackley's Innovative Leisure to Debut at 2012 D.I.C.E. Summit
"The New Arcade" Revealed As Thursday Keynote With Arcade Era Icons As Special Guests
WHO: The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS), an organization dedicated to the advancement and recognition of the interactive arts, unveils "The New Arcade" panel at the 2012 D.I.C.E. (Design, Innovate, Communicate, Entertain) Summit, the premier video games industry gathering.
WHAT/WHY: Video games took the stage for the first time 30 years ago on January 18, 1982 in a TIME Magazine cover titled "GRONK! FLASH! ZAP! Video Games Are Blitzing the World." This story brought to light the golden age of the arcade era, signaling a burgeoning industry was coming of age.
This week a TIME Magazine feature story reveals Seamus Blackley's new venture, Innovative Leisure, Hot Tub Time Machine. Seamus brings together a group of arcade era heroes to create social games in collaboration with talented, young designers. Bringing with him to the 2012 D.I.C.E. Summit are Rich Adam (Missile Command), Ed Logg (Asteroids, Centipede and this year's AIAS Pioneer Award recipient), Ed Rotberg (Battlezone), Owen Rubin (Major Havoc).
The AIAS is thrilled to stage Innovative Leisure's first appearance during "The New Arcade" panel, which serves as the Thursday Keynote (February 9) during the 2012 D.I.C.E. Summit conference.
"The New Arcade" keynote will feature Seamus Blackley as a moderator for a panel featuring these four icons. They will discuss how the games industry has evolved the past 30 years from a coin-op industry to its current manifestations - and in some ways comes full circle - in the casual, social era.
WHEN: February 9, 2012
· D.I.C.E. Summit: February 8-10, 2012 (registration site is closed, if you are interested in attending please contact Event Director Lindsey Weinstein at Lindsey@interactive.org)
· Interactive Achievement Awards: February 9, 2012 at 7 PM PST, live streamed on www.GameSpot.com
· Indie Games Challenge: February 10, 2012
WHERE: Red Rock Hotel & Resort, Las Vegas, NV
- Max Payne 3 Official Trailer #2
- NEW QUANTUM CONUNDRUM INFO AND ASSETS FROM THE FLUFFY DIMENSION
- MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT LAUNCHES ZUMBA FITNESS RUSH NATIONWIDE, EXCLUSIVELY ON KINECT FOR XBOX 360
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to Xbox LIVE Arcade
- SUIT UP AS PHINEAS, FERB AND CREW FOR ALL-NEW ADVENTURES IN DISNEY UNIVERSE
- Kinect Nat Geo TV - Xbox 360
- Turtle Beach Number One Third Party Console Gaming Accessory Brand for 2011
- SoundCloud Partners With Capcom On Street Fighter X Tekken Remix Battle
- Double Fine Day of Overdelivery - Xbox LIVE Arcade
- Seamus Blackley's Innovative Leisure to Debut at 2012 D.I.C.E. Summit
- Top 10 Xbox 360 Games That Dominated Xbox Live In 2011
- Microsoft Patent Reveals New Xbox 720 Information
- Xbox 360 Hackers Had A Field Day With Gears Of War 3
- Dead Island Review
- New Year's Gaming Flashback, Imagining A Kinect Fantavision
- Batman : Arkham City Review
- Will Star Wars The Old Republic Release On The Xbox 360
- Xbox 360 2012 Preview, 3 Big Games Coming Next Year
- Microsoft Brings Xbox 360 Kinectimals To iPhone, iPad
- Top 5 Xbox 360 Kinect Games For Christmas 2011
- Amazon 19 Days of Deals - Day 2: Action Games Day
- Some Xbox 360 Black Friday Deals
- Kinect Hackers, Here's How To Get Yourselves $20,000
- Most Common Xbox 360 Hardware Problems and Tips
- Got Fifty Bucks - What Could That Get You in Video Game Goodies
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Costume DLC Revealed
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Get $100 off Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect at GameStop.com
- Xbox Wireless Bluetooth Headset is a Winner!
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th