Microsoft Patent Reveals New Xbox 720 Information
The Xbox 360 is nearing the end of the road, as the console realistically has about 2-years left as the leader in the gaming market. After that, it will be up to the Xbox 360 successor, the Xbox 720 to take over. A new patent has revealed some interesting information regarding the new next-generation console.
Microsoft has been putting forth some small tidbits of information in regards to the Xbox 720, but nothing substantial.
There have been hints from Microsoft that we would see the console during the holiday 2012 shopping season, in November 2012.
More signs though are pointing towards a November 2013 release for the next-gen console.
We do not know much about what the new Xbox 360 successor is going to entail, but a new patent has revealed perhaps some interesting information.
Microsoft filed a patent in 2007 that was approved on December 27, 2011, it was filed with th eU.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
The patent is for a DVR application, to allow users to record media content on a gaming console.
The exact patent description is as follows, "Once integrated, users can record media content while playing games."
The patent goes on to describe how content can also be recorded with the console off.
The DVR will be able to record television, vido games, DVDs, music, and more.
What we have learned from this patent is that Microsoft clearly wants the Xbox 720 to be the center of your entertainment console, and this would certainly allow that.
This looks like a natural extension over the entertainment advancements Microsoft is already making with the Xbox 360.
- Max Payne 3 Official Trailer #2
- NEW QUANTUM CONUNDRUM INFO AND ASSETS FROM THE FLUFFY DIMENSION
- MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT LAUNCHES ZUMBA FITNESS RUSH NATIONWIDE, EXCLUSIVELY ON KINECT FOR XBOX 360
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to Xbox LIVE Arcade
- SUIT UP AS PHINEAS, FERB AND CREW FOR ALL-NEW ADVENTURES IN DISNEY UNIVERSE
- Kinect Nat Geo TV - Xbox 360
- Turtle Beach Number One Third Party Console Gaming Accessory Brand for 2011
- SoundCloud Partners With Capcom On Street Fighter X Tekken Remix Battle
- Double Fine Day of Overdelivery - Xbox LIVE Arcade
- Seamus Blackley's Innovative Leisure to Debut at 2012 D.I.C.E. Summit
- Top 10 Xbox 360 Games That Dominated Xbox Live In 2011
- Microsoft Patent Reveals New Xbox 720 Information
- Xbox 360 Hackers Had A Field Day With Gears Of War 3
- Dead Island Review
- New Year's Gaming Flashback, Imagining A Kinect Fantavision
- Batman : Arkham City Review
- Will Star Wars The Old Republic Release On The Xbox 360
- Xbox 360 2012 Preview, 3 Big Games Coming Next Year
- Microsoft Brings Xbox 360 Kinectimals To iPhone, iPad
- Top 5 Xbox 360 Kinect Games For Christmas 2011
- Amazon 19 Days of Deals - Day 2: Action Games Day
- Some Xbox 360 Black Friday Deals
- Kinect Hackers, Here's How To Get Yourselves $20,000
- Most Common Xbox 360 Hardware Problems and Tips
- Got Fifty Bucks - What Could That Get You in Video Game Goodies
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Costume DLC Revealed
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Get $100 off Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect at GameStop.com
- Xbox Wireless Bluetooth Headset is a Winner!
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th