GO TO HELL IN THE SECRET WORLD BETA WEEKEND STARTING JUNE 15
The third Beta Weekend for 'The Secret World' invites players to explore vast new regions, new storylines and the 'Hell Rising' dungeon experience - - 1.3 million gamers registered to beta test, shattering all previous Funcom records
Durham, USA - June 12th, 2012 - Funcom is thrilled to invite thousands of gamers from all over the world into the bowels of hell itself, in the third Beta Weekend for the company's highly anticipated modern-day massively multiplayer online game 'The Secret World'. Starting on June 15th at 9am PDT and ending on June 17th at 11.59pm PDT, gamers will be able to explore a wealth of new content that was not available in the two previous Beta Weekends, including the Dragon and Illuminati starter experiences.
Whereas players in previous Beta Weekends got to sample only the Templar starter experience and the troubled town of Kingsmouth, this weekend the game will be opened up to include the massive region known as The Savage Coast, as well as two epic dungeons: The Polaris and Hell Rising. This represents only a fraction of the content available at launch, but still spans over dozens upon dozens of hours of pure gameplay. The best way to gain access to the Beta Weekend is to pre-order 'The Secret World'. This grants access to all Beta Weekends leading up to launch. Funcom is also teaming up with major partners all over the world this week, including world-leading hardware manufacturer NVIDIA, to conduct a massive giveaway of keys that will enable play for this weekend only.
Funcom is also excited to share that over 1.3 million gamers are now registered as potential beta testers for 'The Secret World', shattering all previous company records including that of its previous MMO 'Age of Conan'. The company is regularly inviting more and more from this pool of people into the ongoing and very successful Closed Beta. A recent survey among the tens of thousands of testers, who have played in the Closed Beta, confirms that the vast majority is enjoying the game and will play it at launch.
"We are very encouraged by both the numbers of beta registrations and the positive feedback we are getting from our testers," says Funcom CEO Trond Arne Aas. "The fact that so many gamers want to play 'The Secret World' combined with the high purchase intent among testers is something we consider a very positive indicator."
The company can also share today that 'The Secret World' has now gone GOLD, and that production of physical units have started and that these will soon be rolled out to retail in preparation of launch on July 3rd. For those who have pre-ordered, Early Access will commence on June 29th as planned.
'The Secret World' is developed by Funcom and co-published by EA Partners, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA). For more information about the game or how to register for the beta, please visit www.thesecretworld.com.
- Treasure hunt for Risen 2TM: Dark Waters starts on Facebook
- Carrier Command: Gaea Mission will ship to Xbox 360
- Steel Battalion Heavy Armor Demo Out Now!
- FortressCraft Gets Zombified for Content Patch 9!
- SEGA and FOX CONSUMER PRODUCTS TO LAUNCH Aliens: Colonial marines Globally on February 12, 2013
- Free movies for all as 2K Games, Digital Spy, and the Prince Charles Cinema celebrate the release of Spec Ops: the Line
- TRIALS EVOLUTION ATTRACTS OVER 500 000 PLAYERS IN ONE MONTH
- Konsole Kingz Decks Out the Xbox Live Marketplace with The Card Pack Gamer Pic Release
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare(R)3 Content Collection 2 Delivers New Breed Of High-Intensity Multiplayer Combat
- Microsoft Offering Free Xbox 360 To College Students
- Max Payne 3: Research/Behind-the-Scenes in São Paulo, Brazil - Weapon-Wielding Gangsters and Special Police Commandos
- UNLEASH YOUR RAGE WITH THE DEMO OF ASURA'S WRATH
- Tebow Time, Madden NFL '12 Predicts Patriots, Broncos Playoff Matchup
- Top 10 Xbox 360 Games That Dominated Xbox Live In 2011
- Microsoft Patent Reveals New Xbox 720 Information
- Xbox 360 Hackers Had A Field Day With Gears Of War 3
- Dead Island Review
- New Year's Gaming Flashback, Imagining A Kinect Fantavision
- Batman : Arkham City Review
- Will Star Wars The Old Republic Release On The Xbox 360
- Amazon 19 Days of Deals - Day 2: Action Games Day
- Some Xbox 360 Black Friday Deals
- Kinect Hackers, Here's How To Get Yourselves $20,000
- Most Common Xbox 360 Hardware Problems and Tips
- Got Fifty Bucks - What Could That Get You in Video Game Goodies
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Costume DLC Revealed
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Get $100 off Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect at GameStop.com
- Xbox Wireless Bluetooth Headset is a Winner!
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th