Could A Fable MMO Be In The Works For The Xbox 360
Lionhead Studios has been a steady producer of quality RPGs for Microsoft over the years, with Fable on the original Xbox and Fable II on the Xbox 360. Now it appears the developer is ready to create their very own MMORPG.
The MMORPG genre has blown up over the years, with huge hits coming in the form of World of Warcraft, Star Wars, and many others.
The MMORPG genre as a whole has turned out to be wildly popular among gamers and highly profitable on a global scale.
It appears as though yet another high-profile developer is ready to throw their hat in the MMORPG ring as Lionhead Studios is recruiting for the development of a brand new MMO like title.
Lionhead Studios has posted a job opening, with the job description listing it as an "opportunity to work on MMO like title for next generation consoles. AAA game and budget!"
The job listing goes on to say that ""This is to assist in the development of a major brand new IP that is being targeted for the future generation of platforms and will be an RPG based game with a radical new take on how co-operative and multiplayer gameplay feeds into the experience, while blending online and single player into one complete experience."
The big questions coming out of this is first, what franchise would the MMO be for, and what console?
Common sense would state that Lionhead Studios would be bringing the Fable franchise into the MMO realm, which would make for a very solid translation considering the RPG franchise has always been about being very open and free-roaming for gamers.
The expectation is that the MMORPG will either be developed for the Xbox 360, or even possibly the successor to the Xbox 360, codenamed Durango.
The MMORPG is rumored to be either in the Fable franchise, or it could end up being an entirely new franchise altogether.
This comes as Fable: The Journey for the Microsoft Xbox 360 Kinect continues to near completion from the developer.
The development team over at Lionhead Studios is one of the most highly respected development houses all around the world, and the fact that they are going to begin work on an MMORPG should put all developers in the genre on notice to say the least, and should get gamers very excited.
- Activision and Marvel Reveal Pre-Order Exclusives for The Amazing Spider-Man Video Game
- Max Payne 3: Official Launch Trailer
- Rising Star releases DLC and Pilot Training videos for Akai Katana
- Grab yourself a free copy of Mass Effect 3 Xbox 360
- BBC Relents - iPLAYER LAUNCHES ON MICROSOFT'S XBOX LIVE
- Iridium Studios' flagship title Sequence reaches 100,000 sales
- Craftimals update fixes co-op mode. Also, contest, and free music
- Hi-Rez Studios Releases Latest Update To Tribes: Ascend
- MICROSOFT LTD AND RIGHT TO PLAY ANNOUNCE 2012 PARTNERSHIP
- Rockstar Games: LA Noire OnLive Touch Play Update
- Max Payne 3: Research/Behind-the-Scenes in São Paulo, Brazil - Weapon-Wielding Gangsters and Special Police Commandos
- UNLEASH YOUR RAGE WITH THE DEMO OF ASURA'S WRATH
- Tebow Time, Madden NFL '12 Predicts Patriots, Broncos Playoff Matchup
- Top 10 Xbox 360 Games That Dominated Xbox Live In 2011
- Microsoft Patent Reveals New Xbox 720 Information
- Xbox 360 Hackers Had A Field Day With Gears Of War 3
- Dead Island Review
- New Year's Gaming Flashback, Imagining A Kinect Fantavision
- Batman : Arkham City Review
- Will Star Wars The Old Republic Release On The Xbox 360
- Amazon 19 Days of Deals - Day 2: Action Games Day
- Some Xbox 360 Black Friday Deals
- Kinect Hackers, Here's How To Get Yourselves $20,000
- Most Common Xbox 360 Hardware Problems and Tips
- Got Fifty Bucks - What Could That Get You in Video Game Goodies
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Costume DLC Revealed
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Get $100 off Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect at GameStop.com
- Xbox Wireless Bluetooth Headset is a Winner!
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th