2K Games Announces Spec Ops: The Line Now Available
Embark on an intense journey into the dark heart of Dubai
2K Games announced today that Spec Ops: The Line is now available in North America for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC. The game will be available internationally on June 29, 2012.
Developed by YAGER, Spec Ops: The Line features an intense single-player narrative that unfolds within Dubai after a series of cataclysmic sandstorms cut the city off from the rest of the world. Playing as Captain Martin Walker, gamers fight through Dubai in this gripping third-person shooter in their search for Colonel John Konrad and his missing battalion, The Damned 33rd. Players will blast their way through sandstorms with a variety of weapons and explosives, even using sand as a weapon to strategically bury enemies in their path. Combining brutal action and combat with a riveting narrative and the unique setting of a sandstorm ravaged Dubai, Spec Ops: The Line is unlike any other military shooter.
"Spec Ops: The Line is a fresh take on the military shooter genre," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. "With a story that takes a dark look into the consequences of warfare, Spec Ops: The Line has the ability to shake the player to their moral core."
In addition to the single-player campaign, Spec Ops: The Line features an expansive, class-based multiplayer experience set in visually stunning and unique environments. Players are encouraged to use their sand-filled surroundings to thwart their enemies; however, the environment can quickly turn from advantageous to treacherous with the onset of sandstorms - which impact visibility, team communication and weapon handling.
Free cooperative bonus content for Spec Ops: The Line will also be available for download* to anyone who purchases the game when the mode is complete post-launch (current estimate approximately August 2012). The bonus content features a series of objective-based cooperative multiplayer scenarios set in same sand-ravaged scenario as the single-player campaign prior to Captain Walker and his squad's arrival. It includes four fast-paced missions, each with its own unique objectives, environments and playable characters. Players must work together to fight through waves of enemies and blinding sandstorms to complete their objectives, emphasizing teamwork and utilizing a variety of weapons and explosives.
Spec Ops: The Line is rated M for Mature by the ESRB and is available now for Xbox 360, PS3™ and PC. For a complete Spec Ops: The Line experience, including the latest news, downloads, information and more, please visit www.specopstheline.com. Check out Spec Ops: The Line on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/specops.
- Average Gamer Spent Over £300 on Videogames Last Year
- Mad Catz And Microsoft Studios Sign Deal For Licensed Halo 4 Gaming Headsets
- Tribes: Ascend Accelerates Weapon Upgrades, Introduces New Weapons and Maps
- GO TO HELL IN THE SECRET WORLD BETA WEEKEND STARTING JUNE 15
- New Trailer: LEGO Batman 2 Introduces Talking Minifigures
- Max Payne 3: Download the TROUBLE IN BRAZIL Mixtape
- Retro City Rampage is finally right around the corner after its legendary development
- The Konsole Kingz Camo Crowns Premium Theme Available in the Xbox Live Marketplace
- Entropic Communications Helps Gamers 'Level Up' Their Consoles With Ultra-Fast Network Performance
- Of Orcs and Men dislocates jaws in a new video!
- NFL Blitz Xbox 360 Xbox Live Arcade Review
- Top Hacks For Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 On Xbox 360
- Max Payne 3: Research/Behind-the-Scenes in São Paulo, Brazil - Weapon-Wielding Gangsters and Special Police Commandos
- UNLEASH YOUR RAGE WITH THE DEMO OF ASURA'S WRATH
- Tebow Time, Madden NFL '12 Predicts Patriots, Broncos Playoff Matchup
- Top 10 Xbox 360 Games That Dominated Xbox Live In 2011
- Microsoft Patent Reveals New Xbox 720 Information
- Xbox 360 Hackers Had A Field Day With Gears Of War 3
- Dead Island Review
- New Year's Gaming Flashback, Imagining A Kinect Fantavision
- Nyko and Yo Gabba Gabba! Team Up For CES 2012 Show Floor Debut - Xbox
- Amazon 19 Days of Deals - Day 2: Action Games Day
- Some Xbox 360 Black Friday Deals
- Kinect Hackers, Here's How To Get Yourselves $20,000
- Most Common Xbox 360 Hardware Problems and Tips
- Got Fifty Bucks - What Could That Get You in Video Game Goodies
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Costume DLC Revealed
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Get $100 off Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect at GameStop.com
- Xbox Wireless Bluetooth Headset is a Winner!