Is there a Metal Gear Solid 5 on the Horizon?
Rumour has it that the magical team of oompah-loompahs at Konami are working on a fifth installment to our favorite series - Metal Gear Solid. Teaser images have been seen featuring a grassy horizon with the number 5 (or an S) in the air. When I say grassy horizon think Street Fighter Alpha's Venezuela Stage with around 16.00hrs in the afternoon. If you look in the sky you can also barely make out the image of Snake, too.
Hideo Kojima has previously mentioned that Guns of the Patriots was his last outing with his old friend - but he did say that any further MGS escapades would go in a new direction and most probably with a new lead character, keeping the same team. I think that there are areas of the MGS time line that I would love to play through, and since the last game tied up all the loose ends and answered all questions that one could possibly have, a new lead character would be my first guess at this stage. Here's hoping that what ever it is, the project is completed relatively soon and doesn't drag in development like MGS4 did. I am still really looking forward to seeing his new project which seems to be a closely guarded secret at the moment.
The potential significance of the Five/S is somewhat ambiguous -- think trying to build a house with a kettle and a ruler and you get some idea of how difficult it tends to be when trying the fathom what the MGS Team is planning. Nevertheless, since speculation is my middle name, I'll take a stab at some possibilities anyway:
Remember Substance and Subsistence - maybe we have a Metal Gear Solid 4 : Solace on the horizon, perhaps with an announcement to be made at E3.
Metal Gear Solid 5 - maybe our beloved Raiden is back to take the mantel - how good
would playing the new Raiden in a full campaign be - think Grey Fox MGS1 antics DLC seem to be very fashionable now - could be a downloadable chapter showing us how Raiden became a legend.
Should the mysterious character actually be an 'S' could it be a chapter in which we get to rescue Sunny? Sons of Liberty in 1080p anyone?
The letter 'S' could be a nod at Snake - maybe we will play his first missions in a regenerated HD Form - cracking games which i played on the ps2 - strange looking back as you could see his vision as early as then!
Should this be something that Sony is ready to announce at the E3 it would be
another feather in the company's already stacked hat - what with God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2 coming along nicely I think this could be something that Sony could be
keeping up their sleeve as a failsafe (not to mention a release date for Gran Turismo 5) but hey, that's another story.
The flip side of this would the idea of this installment being something that is
unveiled on the 360 or Wii - exclusivity would be the royal factor here as the game
as a massive following with every gamer knowing who Snake the strong but silent
Whatever the team are working on you can be sure that it will be as surprising and
awe inspiring as Psycho Mantis was when he told everyone in the room you had been
playing 'Bust a Groove' followed by strong denials and attempts to hide your head
band and leg warmers.
This is something that I am massively interested in - so much so that I am currently living in the bushes outside Konami HQ with a deerstalker, tweed jacket and magnifying glass in tow - more news as we make new discoveries, peeps!
Related Articles from the GameFlavor Network:
- Max Payne 3 Official Trailer #2
- NEW QUANTUM CONUNDRUM INFO AND ASSETS FROM THE FLUFFY DIMENSION
- MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT LAUNCHES ZUMBA FITNESS RUSH NATIONWIDE, EXCLUSIVELY ON KINECT FOR XBOX 360
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to Xbox LIVE Arcade
- SUIT UP AS PHINEAS, FERB AND CREW FOR ALL-NEW ADVENTURES IN DISNEY UNIVERSE
- Kinect Nat Geo TV - Xbox 360
- Turtle Beach Number One Third Party Console Gaming Accessory Brand for 2011
- SoundCloud Partners With Capcom On Street Fighter X Tekken Remix Battle
- Double Fine Day of Overdelivery - Xbox LIVE Arcade
- Seamus Blackley's Innovative Leisure to Debut at 2012 D.I.C.E. Summit
- Top 10 Xbox 360 Games That Dominated Xbox Live In 2011
- Microsoft Patent Reveals New Xbox 720 Information
- Xbox 360 Hackers Had A Field Day With Gears Of War 3
- Dead Island Review
- New Year's Gaming Flashback, Imagining A Kinect Fantavision
- Batman : Arkham City Review
- Will Star Wars The Old Republic Release On The Xbox 360
- Xbox 360 2012 Preview, 3 Big Games Coming Next Year
- Microsoft Brings Xbox 360 Kinectimals To iPhone, iPad
- Top 5 Xbox 360 Kinect Games For Christmas 2011
- Amazon 19 Days of Deals - Day 2: Action Games Day
- Some Xbox 360 Black Friday Deals
- Kinect Hackers, Here's How To Get Yourselves $20,000
- Most Common Xbox 360 Hardware Problems and Tips
- Got Fifty Bucks - What Could That Get You in Video Game Goodies
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Costume DLC Revealed
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Get $100 off Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect at GameStop.com
- Xbox Wireless Bluetooth Headset is a Winner!
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th