Gears of War 3 Review
If there is one word for Gears of War 3 it is 'a real badass game.' The developer Epic Game has gone more epic with the new addition into the Gears franchise by providing the most stupendous third person shooter gameplay onto the new generation console.
This time the developers have tried to make some decent changes into the game among them is the storyline. This time around the story feels much more profound and strong than the previous sequels. The game feels downright superb with its multiplayer content and the single player campaign mode is not that bad either. Despite some tweaks in the single player such as tidying up the environment and trying to give a different look to each level, the game sometime to feel like déjà-vu, seeing the same old color content everywhere, but the game manages to cover this all up with its brutal, bro-motional, blood slathering gameplay.
Things have gone really out of control and hopeless in Sera since the Gears of War 2 and the COG (Coalition of Ordered Government) has become weaker than ever. The game starts off with Marcus, Fenix and Delta Squad following their last confrontation with Locust and Lambent who have been affected by Sera's yellow glowing Imulsion fuel.
Despite all the miseries and adversaries the team is back with little changes to the macho dudes. Dom has grown a beard where as Cole is going through some serious mid-life crisis and one thing that surprises us all Marcus father is still alive!
This final Gears of War is nothing short of epicness. In terms of visuals and graphics the game out performs it's last two predecessors. With sheer clear and augmented visuals, fractured lighting and undulating smoke effects, the environment sure looks lively. As for the sound design it offers a great blend of sound effects and the most cohesive music structure.
Gears of War at its heart is a survival game. Everything that you do in the game is based on your ability to survive for the next level. You will have to go through the ambushes, looking for supplies and hunting for the ammos to keeping your chainsaw badass gun running.
Some new players have entered into the Delta Squad in Gears of War 3 making a total of eight players. The newcomers include Anya Stroud, Sam (Samantha Byrne) and Jayson Strattonplus as "Jace" and the rest of the team includes our very own Marcus, Cole, Dom, Carmine and Baird.
Gears of War 3 is everything you wanted but in a better way. The combat system has been made more responsive and tight. There are just so many ways with which you can put your enemy to death sleep along with a variety of weapons such as Digger which fires underground grenades to perform AOE kills and the Silverback.
In a nutshell, the game is outright outstanding and you will surely stay in its trauma for a week or so after finishing the Gears of War 3. Gears of War 3 is something that should not be missed.
- Nine of the Most Powerful Players in Swedish Gaming to Exhibit @ GDC, March 5-9
- Max Payne 3 Official Trailer #2
- NEW QUANTUM CONUNDRUM INFO AND ASSETS FROM THE FLUFFY DIMENSION
- MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT LAUNCHES ZUMBA FITNESS RUSH NATIONWIDE, EXCLUSIVELY ON KINECT FOR XBOX 360
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to Xbox LIVE Arcade
- SUIT UP AS PHINEAS, FERB AND CREW FOR ALL-NEW ADVENTURES IN DISNEY UNIVERSE
- Kinect Nat Geo TV - Xbox 360
- Turtle Beach Number One Third Party Console Gaming Accessory Brand for 2011
- SoundCloud Partners With Capcom On Street Fighter X Tekken Remix Battle
- Double Fine Day of Overdelivery - Xbox LIVE Arcade
- Top 10 Xbox 360 Games That Dominated Xbox Live In 2011
- Microsoft Patent Reveals New Xbox 720 Information
- Xbox 360 Hackers Had A Field Day With Gears Of War 3
- Dead Island Review
- New Year's Gaming Flashback, Imagining A Kinect Fantavision
- Batman : Arkham City Review
- Will Star Wars The Old Republic Release On The Xbox 360
- Xbox 360 2012 Preview, 3 Big Games Coming Next Year
- Microsoft Brings Xbox 360 Kinectimals To iPhone, iPad
- Top 5 Xbox 360 Kinect Games For Christmas 2011
- Amazon 19 Days of Deals - Day 2: Action Games Day
- Some Xbox 360 Black Friday Deals
- Kinect Hackers, Here's How To Get Yourselves $20,000
- Most Common Xbox 360 Hardware Problems and Tips
- Got Fifty Bucks - What Could That Get You in Video Game Goodies
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Costume DLC Revealed
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Get $100 off Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect at GameStop.com
- Xbox Wireless Bluetooth Headset is a Winner!
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th