Bonk: Brink of Extinction Coming to XBLA
It had been so long since we'd heard from our caveman-era friend Bonk, that we thought he had gone extinct. Turns out that we were wrong, and he was only on the brink of extinction. That is the name of Hudson Soft's newest Bonk adventure, headed to the PSN and Xbox Live early in 2010. Of course this is seriously good news for any fan of platformers, which are an extremely rare breed on the digital download services of both the PS3 and Xbox 360. Even better news is that the game will feature multiplayer co-op for its single-player campaign, so you can grab a friend to help you through the more difficult bits (and there will be lots of those).
The original Bonk's Adventure for the Turbo Grafx 16 was a well-made title and one of the standout games on that platform. But because Sega and Nintendo ruled the school back in those days, not very many gamers in North America got a chance to play Hudson's answer to Mario and Sonic.
In this new game, Bonk is once again called upon to save the future earth, and therefore all of us. A doomsday comet, surrounded by smaller chunks of debris, is on a collision course with Earth. A strange magnetic field around the comet seems to be driving most of the planet's weak-willed creatures crazy, and smaller bits of debris are smashing into the jungle near Bonk's home. Bonk must undertake a perilous journey that will take him to the very center of the planet to save the world.
Bonk: Brink of Extinction Features:
• Story Mode with Co-Op play. Play alone or have a friend join you at any time!
• An entire new adventure with Bonk as he swims, bites, climbs, jumps, runs, and head-butts his way through jungles, deserts and volcanic caverns
• Search for help along the way: power ups, check points, and extra health are the staple for every adventuring caveman.
• Transformations are back and weirder than ever: Now Bonk can transform himself into eight different forms by eating meat or encountering Primordial Jelly. No enemy is safe from the boy with the hardest head around.
- Max Payne 3 Official Trailer #2
- NEW QUANTUM CONUNDRUM INFO AND ASSETS FROM THE FLUFFY DIMENSION
- MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT LAUNCHES ZUMBA FITNESS RUSH NATIONWIDE, EXCLUSIVELY ON KINECT FOR XBOX 360
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to Xbox LIVE Arcade
- SUIT UP AS PHINEAS, FERB AND CREW FOR ALL-NEW ADVENTURES IN DISNEY UNIVERSE
- Kinect Nat Geo TV - Xbox 360
- Turtle Beach Number One Third Party Console Gaming Accessory Brand for 2011
- SoundCloud Partners With Capcom On Street Fighter X Tekken Remix Battle
- Double Fine Day of Overdelivery - Xbox LIVE Arcade
- Seamus Blackley's Innovative Leisure to Debut at 2012 D.I.C.E. Summit
- Top 10 Xbox 360 Games That Dominated Xbox Live In 2011
- Microsoft Patent Reveals New Xbox 720 Information
- Xbox 360 Hackers Had A Field Day With Gears Of War 3
- Dead Island Review
- New Year's Gaming Flashback, Imagining A Kinect Fantavision
- Batman : Arkham City Review
- Will Star Wars The Old Republic Release On The Xbox 360
- Xbox 360 2012 Preview, 3 Big Games Coming Next Year
- Microsoft Brings Xbox 360 Kinectimals To iPhone, iPad
- Top 5 Xbox 360 Kinect Games For Christmas 2011
- Amazon 19 Days of Deals - Day 2: Action Games Day
- Some Xbox 360 Black Friday Deals
- Kinect Hackers, Here's How To Get Yourselves $20,000
- Most Common Xbox 360 Hardware Problems and Tips
- Got Fifty Bucks - What Could That Get You in Video Game Goodies
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Costume DLC Revealed
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Get $100 off Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect at GameStop.com
- Xbox Wireless Bluetooth Headset is a Winner!
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th